Switzerland’s Award-Winning Luxury Boutique Hotel
Is there anything more heavenly than being in the midst of mountain and lakeside splendour? Better yet, in one of the most famously beautiful countries in the world – Switzerland!?
Switzerland boasts not only the highest mountain peaks in Europe, but it also has over 7000 lakes, making it the superlative choice for travellers seeking out the extraordinary. Swiss travel is synonymous with luxury, exclusivity and prestige, and all for good reason. Purveyors of luxury experiences around the world, the Luxury Lifestyle Awards have recognized the Hotel Himmelrich for being the Best Luxury Boutique Hotel in Switzerland, 2021 – giving discerning guests a stamp of approval and distinction for future travel consideration. See what’s earned them this prestigious award:
Boutique Hotel Himmelrich is magnificently located on the famous slopes of Mount Pilatus massif (also known as Dragon Mountain, as medieval folklore has it), overlooking the historical and pristine town of Lucerne.
The luxury boutique hotel also looks over onto the entire Lake Lucerne, which is an unforgettable sight. The lake is the fourth largest in Switzerland, and is uncharacteristic because of its unusual shape. It has many bends and turns and its shores are bordered by steep mountains, which is a visual masterpiece. Guests of Boutique Hotel Himmelrich marvel at the sheer natural wonderland they are surrounded by, forming the perfect backdrop to an epic, luxurious Swiss escape.
This small hotel offers a selection of 29 exquisitely appointed rooms and suits. No expense has been spared in creating luxury spaces for their guests to lavish in. Modern, clean lines, glamour and sophistication is what one can expect from Hotel Himmelrich. Nuances of Swiss tradition blend flawlessly with luxurious charm, making this special place comforting and ultimately desirable.
Of course, no luxury boutique hotel would be complete without a beautiful restaurant to dine in. Aptly named, ‘Heaven Restaurant’ serves up a delightful breakfast, lunch and dinner menu headed up by acclaimed Chef Gianny Banuta.
Dine in the most elegant of settings, fit for royalty. Expect to savour finely prepared dishes like Swiss Salmon Gravlax with Spanish Galician Octopus, Tortellini with gorgonzola and pears, and Peach with praline mousse with peach jam and vanilla ice cream. A decadent gourmet experience that is a must on the foodie bucket-list!
Catering for special occasions, Boutique Hotel Himmelrich features a superb terrace, opening up a magical area to create memorable events. The space is covered with a pergola for all-weather conditions, or an open sun to take advantage of warmer weather. Immaculately outfitted with ambient lighting, natural plants, neutral shades and plush furnishings are expertly woven together revealing an amazing atmosphere.
While staying in the lap of lavish luxury at Boutique Hotel Himmelrich, here are some of the top things to do in Lucerne:
- ● In summer a special loop, the Goldene Rundfahrt (Golden Tour) has been devised, in which you depart Lucerne by paddle steamer.
- ● Take a ride on the world’s steepest railway. After being awestruck by the scenery, then catch the “Dragon Ride” aerial cableway, ended off by a gondola cableway back down the mountain.
- ● Explore the Old Town of Lucerne.
- ● Book a Lunch-Time cruise on Lake Lucerne.
- ● Visit Chapel Bridge – the world’s oldest surviving truss bridge, and Lucerne’s iconic emblem.
- ● Go and see the Lion Monument, which is a dying lion carved into a former sandstone quarry.
- ● Explore the Glacier Garden, which is a collection of potholes dating back to the ice age. This is a fascinating natural attraction.
- ● Visit the breathtaking sight of Musegg Wall, as there are nine tall towers in a row all divided by a length of the of the city wall. These were the city’s defence walls raised at the end of the 14th century and used to defend the old town.
- ● A trip to Hofkirche, Lucerne’s medieval Romanesque basilica was burnt down during the Thirty Years’ War in the 17th century. While the war was still raging in the 1630’s, the city built its new church, one of only a few to be built.
- ● The Richard Wagner Museum. After being sent out of Munich because of his illustrious affairs, Richard Wagner lived here for 6 years. View interesting historic items such as the Erard piano on which he composed his masterpieces, musical manuscripts, photographs, furniture and paintings.
The exceptional experience and luxe hospitality of Boutique Hotel Himmelrich is attracting people from all over the world. This is the place where dreams are made and remembered forever.
To inquire further or book your perfect stay, please visit them on their website https://www.hotel-himmelrich.ch/.
About Luxury Lifestyle Awards
Luxury Lifestyle Awards is a global award selecting, recognizing, celebrating and promoting the best luxury goods and services all over the world. The goal of the company is to connect people with the best of luxury. LLA has evaluated more than 10 000 various goods and services in 400 categories from 60 countries and analyzed the results to give you a TOP list of the best of the best in the world. Such world-renowned brands as Chanel, Dom Perignon, and Ferrari were proudly named winners. The victory brings companies status and recognition, global promotion and exposure to an entirely new market of customers.
Rhapsody Magazine is media partner with Luxury Lifestyle Awards